So this my very first month of starting my subscription boxes so the first box I subscribed to was Birchbox. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to be the waiting list to order your box so I reserved mine on 7/4/13. Surprisingly enough my reservation came six days later! I was super excited so I ordered it right away. Now, normally it takes 2-3 business days to process the order. For some reason my first box was giving me some trouble so I sent them an email asking what is going on… **7/23/13 I finally received my first Birchbox today!**
Tip: If you order your box in the beginning of the month, your box will be shipped before the 10th of the month. After your first box the billing cycle its billed on the 21st of each month for the following month (at least that is how mine is).
This month’s inspiration is Suits, a new tv hit series on USA, the goal was to help you take control of any situation. Now on to the reveal…
This is the actual size of the package in my hand. Their new simple pink design of their logo is so cute! As a graphic designer, I approve!
The second box after you open the first box. I love the simple chevron design inside. On the outside, its has a super simple brown box printed with their white logo.
All the goodies when I opened up the pink tissue paper. Birchbox also included a postcard of what each product was, their full-sized price and how to use each product.
Inside the package:
1. COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face. Retail:$4.19. My face is super dry so this moisturizer will definitely come in handy. I love this smell!! I used this in place of my moisturizer and my skin feels nice and smooth and smellin’ great! I love it.
2. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect. Retail:$4.80. Leave-in conditioner protects your hair color against UV rays and other damages.
3. Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips. Retail:$2.91. For dry lips or whatever else needs healing. I’m not a big fan of this… it’s super thick and it has a lot of friction when I put it on my skin. I tried it on my dry spots and honestly I don’t think it works that well, after it soaks up the product- my skin is still dry. Maybe I have to apply it for weeks to see results.
4. TanTowel Classic Formula Self-Tan Towelettes. Retail:$2.40. For a quick tan lasting for a last minute tanned glow. You can control how dark you want your tan by how many times you apply each coat. Honestly I’m already dark so I probably won’t be using it anything soon.
5. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow. Retail:$8.44. A cream rich in hydrating aloe juices that can be used to even skin tones or a make-up base. I’ve got to say this is my favorite BB cream. I like the subtle glow and the way it blends into my skin. I’m definitely loving it.
The total retail value of this box is $22.74 for $10 (the prices were estimated based on the full price in portion to the sample amount). Not bad for savings worth. I might have to giveaway some products I won’t use. If you use my referral link and comment below, I’ll send a lucky winner a bunch of free samples. =]