It’s finally here! Both Birchbox and Ipsy has updated their box/bag reveal so you can see what you got! I couldn’t wait to order my next batch of make-up so I did it before seeing my Ipsy bag. I actually restocked on items I got in my bag! Oh well, they will end up in a giveaway when I do one.
SPOILER ALERT! If you don’t want to know what’s in the October bag for Ipsy- don’t read on!
Let’s start with Ipsy first!
October’s theme is “The Art of Beauty”:
1. Everyone is getting a Zoya Nail Polish either in Neve, Giovanna or Mason. I really want the green color it has some nice blue tones in there too!
2. Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers either in Emotion or Navy. Apparently you can use it in 8 different ways!
3. Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush, I actually stocked up on more e.l.f. brushes because they are cheap and awesome quality for the price! I kinda wished I saw my glam bag before I ordered several eye shadow brushes but I guess I can save them for when I need new brushes.
4. La Fresh® Eco-Beauty® Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes, I also bought the lotion wipes from e.l.f- they are amazing! I was allergic/sensitive to several different face wipes so I’m a little effy on trying these- they do sound awesome though. There’s marshmallow in one of the ingredients!
5. Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray, something I don’t really need but is great for traveling. I wish I had these for a wedding I went to last week. I brought my humungous Sebastian Hair Spray from LBB.
6. Buxom Full-On™ Lip Polish in Dolly, for you lip gloss lovers!
7. Ole Henriksen truth serum™ collagen booster, no caption needed! I love skincare products, I’m always looking for anti-aging stuff- who wants to look old, right?
8. Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel, I wouldn’t mind exchanging my hair spray for a gel… I think gel holds my curls better than a spray actually.
9. H2O Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment, I could’ve used this bad… my face has been extremely dry lately.
10. Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion, sounds delicious!
11. Ofra Sultry Lipgloss and Plumper, more lipgloss!
12. Ole Henriksen truth crème™ advanced hydration, something much needed for harsh cold weather.
13. be Delectable Hand Cream, available in coconut & cream, strawberry & cream, vanilla & cream, and lemon & cream! I don’t know about you but strawberry & cream sounds extra yummy.
14. Starlooks Lip Pencil, something I’m kind of glad I didn’t get. I gave Ipsy feedback on the kohl liner and told them NOT to send me Starlooks anymore.
15. Wet n Wild Photo Op Eyeshadow, Ipsy subscribers will get Desert Festival. I use to buy Wet n Wild as a child since everything was so cheap but I’ve heard many youtubers praising this brand- especially the eye shadows.
That’s it more this month’s bag, the first 5 is what I got in my bag so stay tuned for the review and more details. I’ll also be letting you know more about Ipsy’s improvements!
As for Birchbox, there’s way too many products to list and post an image so I’ll be doing my box and some items I think are pretty cool.
This month’s theme, “Beauty Buzz” a.k.a this year’s most liked products:
1. Everyone will be getting a ChapStick® Hydration Lock, winter is here or coming (in florida) so get your lips ready for hydration!
2. theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac, I don’t have a cheek stain so I’m excited to use it on my cheeks (you can use it as lip stain too).
3. Dermablend™ Professional Smooth Indulgence Finishing Powder, I bought so many “sheer” and “translucent” powders- I really don’t need more.
4. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit, I actually really like the hot cloth process- I just started using it and I really like it so far. You clean your face and use a muslin cloth and warm water to wipe off your face.
5. Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloths, since I already have one I can add it to my collection for when I need a clean cloth.
6. DDF® Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum, if this does what it says- this sounds awesome. I have huge pores and fine lines ekk.
7. Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Cleanser, I’ve been looking for a really good “deep pore” cleanser and still haven’t found one thats actually cleans my pores. I’ve done pore strips and that gets most of it but it always comes back! Maybe I’ll try this one when I read some reviews.
8. Karuna Clarifying Treatment Mask, this reminded me I need to run to the drugstore and get me a treatment mask!
9. Benefit Fakeup, a hydrating concealer- something I could use- my skin is so dry. =(
So that’s it for now, I was hoping for the They’re Real mascara but it wasn’t in any of the October boxes. Guess I have more shopping to do! Did you have any favorites that you didn’t see?